advertisement
advertisement

Can anyone relate? pinched nerve?

Hi, I am a 30 yr old female and I have had a relatively healthy back with not a lot of problems until recently. I have had many stress knots in my shoulder blades/neck region for years that stay pretty much knotted up and ache almost consistently but I've learned to live with this. However, almost 3 weeks ago, I developed pain in a specific area of my back- it's slightly to the right of my spine at the area of the bottom of my right shoulder blade (but to the left of that shoulder blade)...so the area would be to right of my spine but left of my shoulder blade (pain starts at the top of the bottom of shoulder blade and extends maybe the length of my palm downward). Anyway- it's localized here- does not radiate anywhere else. 

The pain started out of the blue and I cannot think of a way I injured it. I do alot of lifting as I have an almost 2 year old who is 35lbs and a 4 yr old who is 45lbs. I also work from my computer so I am on my computer constantly. This area is spasming- like actual contraction feelings..tightening and releasing. When these episodes occur, does not happen very long- maybe 45 seconds or so. I've also had pins and needles sensations where it feels numb and cold like something is being poured on it...this was much more frequent before i seen chiropractor and now only occurs after I've done a lot of activity. These are also very short episodes of a minute or so or less. It started where I'd have the spasms and pins and needles frequently but I'd have periods of being okay... now I am at the point this area is consistently burning...all the time. It's an achy burning feeling is the best I can describe it. Almost anytime I bend down for longer than a couple seconds it sets it off to a spasming spell- like this morning I was bending over to change my son's diaper trash can and it went off. I can't get on my knees to give my kids a bath without immediate pain. I can't sit on my couch and bend over to put on their clothes/shoes. I can't sit indian style on my bed...all this stuff will set it off into a spasming episode. To get relief, I can lay down flat is best. Or I can stand up is second best. 

I went to chiropractor a couple weeks ago for this as i have never went to one before- he did an xray and told me I had a tilted spine? He showed me how it curved at the top..on the xray it looked to be going to the right a little bit...then he said since it was like this, more than likely a nerve was pinched causing this pain and he was going to align it back and relieve this pressure on the nerve...well he has adjusted me twice and no help..im just getting worse. He also put some kind of tape on me for the muscles and i left it on for 4 days, that did nothing. i've tried muscle relaxers and that didn't touch it...ibeprofen doesn't touch it..none of this has even helped at all. Tens unit was used at the office and didn't make a difference either. We actually have one at home and I made the mistake to try it when I was in a lot of pain one day and within a couple mins of using it on the spot, i felt sharp pains that came in contraction like sequences- reminded me of a heartbeat- that literally felt like someone was stabbing me in the inside- i was crying (and i have a high pain tolerance) and couldnt catch my breathe from the pain. Put ice on it and after about 15 mins, those sharp contraction like stabs stopped...have no clue what happened but haven't used a tens unit since.

Anyway, chiropractor was wanting to see me every 2-3 days and I don't have the money for that...I'm wondering if I need a MRI but we would have to pay 50 percent and don't have that kind of money but I can't keep suffering like this either..not being able to sit for more than 20-30 mins without spasms and having a consistent burning achy feeling is not a way to live, etc. Does anyone else have anything like this or know what it could be? does it truly sound like a pinched nerve? I'm wondering if i could have a torn muscle or a problem with a disc that an xray wouldnt show? would this be symptoms for that? Thanks in advance and sorry this is so long! 

advertisement

Comments

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.