advertisement
advertisement

Neural foraminal compromise

Can I just ask is neural foraminal compromise of L5S1 similair to spinal stenosis? I just want some advice and i know there are no health care experts on the board. I am now seeing neurosurgery on the 6th of September bit more of a wait im afraid. Thank u for all ur help.

Janet B UK 

advertisement

Comments

• Hi Janet,  My usual tactic with medical terms is to google them.  Usually a good explanation pops up for me to read. 

Phil

• Well it's mentioned it's stenosis on Google so I'm assuming it's similar or the same. It's what my MRI said and impingment on both exiting L5 nerve roots. I'm sorry I'm just worrying myself into an early grave im afraid Phil. It's not helped me when my neuro appt is now 6th September instead of August more time im afraid to worry myself silly. Thanks anyway 

Janet B

• advertisement
  • No problem Janet.  we all go through this and need to share.  Thats why the forum exists. I worry all the time.  Especially now I'm so close to surgery.  Strangely I'm not so worried about the surgery but how Mel will get on while I'm in hospital as her sciatica is playing up.  I worry that she will end up in the same situation as me.  September is not too much later than August.  The wheels turn slowly when it comes to spinal surgery unless something really bad happens or you are super rich. It will work out in the end. In the mean time celebrate the small joys of life.  I try to and it does help.

Phil

• Thanks Phil good advice I feel better for walking a bit more today and I'll try and keep it going. Hope ur surgery goes well im sure it will you've waited long enough and im sure ur wife will be ok 

Take care Janet B UK 

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.