advertisement
advertisement

Pain after a Microdiscectomy at L5S1

Hi guys. First time poster. I have got a lot of useful information from these forums and from what I have read, everyone is different even when suffering or recovering from the same issue. 

I had a microdiscectomy 3 weeks ago and for the first 2 weeks it felt like it was coming along ok then I had a day or two where I had pretty bad sciatic pain. I then had another couple of good days and though I was in the clear. Unfortunately the last four days I have had sciatic pain even more serious than before surgery. I have had a follow up MRI but they couldn't really see what is causing the pain to be so serious.

Anyone have any ideas or information they can offer?

Thanks in advance :)

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,404
    edited 07/23/2019 - 1:08 PM

hi alollb11

Welcome to Veritas Health Forum

if you read other discussions about nerve/sciatic pain after surgery it is common in a lot of cases. sometimes it takes or even months for the nerves to wake up, but, also depending how long or how bad they were compressed. below is a link to a very good article that might help you.

sciatica treatment

while you are waiting on others to reply, please click on the welcome link below for more information.

welcome to spine health

all new members should take the system tutorial 
Sign In or Join Us to comment.