advertisement
advertisement

Nerve pain, headaches increased from alcohol use recently ???

bdesulbbdesul Posts: 1
edited 07/25/2019 - 3:23 PM in Chronic Pain

I wanted to see if anyone had the following problem. I have extensive nerve damage in my neck. This causes me daily headaches and nausea. It has been about the same for the last 5 years. I take Gabapentin (2400mg/day) which helps but doesn't resolve it. I have always drank alcohol, which actually gave me some relief while I was drinking. About 1 year ago, I started having strange issues. My neck would get really hot towards the end of the night before bed. About 8/10 times I would drink, I would really feel poorly for several days to a week. Even if I had 1 or 2 drinks. Has anyone experienced this and have you found a solution? I currently barely drink and I am resigned to giving up drinking forever.

advertisement

Comments

• AkiraAAkira Redlands, CAPosts: 238
    edited 07/25/2019 - 3:24 PM

I know it but I continue to have a couple glasses of wine with dinner while dining out or drink couple of beers while lounging pool side.  I have given up so much in life due to being a CP patient, but my wine and beer I don't think so.  Enjoy your day and hoping for a low number pain day to all.  :>)

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,403
    edited 07/25/2019 - 3:24 PM

hi bdesul!

Welcome to Veritas Health Forum

congratulations on bringing your drinking down to "barely"!! 
    but in a way you found your own solution when you stated "about 8/10 times i drank i really felt poorly the next several days'.
    to me this a start, a test so to speak.

please click on the welcome link below for more information on how to get started on the forum.

welcome to spine health

all new members should take the system tutorial 
  • advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.