advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

XLIF fusion L3-4 leads to hip, thigh, knee, shin pain

This is a second surgery 15 months after a 360 fusion from S-I-L4-5. with 2 artificial discs implanted.
After that, I had drop foot after learning they accidentally "nicked a nerve" in the front when they cut me.

It never got better and then L3-4 were "going" from stress of lower hardware.

Plus, I ended up with acquired scoliosis.

The XLIF surgery seemed to help my drip foot a little, but 4 months post op, and I still have 35% loss of sensation.

I can not walk far at all. I have to keep stopping all the time

Forget the airport. I need a wheelchair or I would never make it.

I complained to the neurosurgeon, about my left leg, and thigh NEVER agony, but he just said to "give it time."

I take Gabapentin 300MG TID. I take 20MGS Oxycontin when I wake up to both SHINS THROBBING terribly.

I just do not understand why both legs ache so bad when its the left side that is driving me nuts.

My left knee is like tendonitis. I ice it and I put a Lidodem patch under the brace, but nothing helps.

NERVE pain is super deep. Not sure why the Gabapentin is not taking care of this.

Anyone else have these similar surgeries with artificial discs?

The neurosurgeon invented them. My back is much better and more solid and strong.

He acknowledged the nerve being nicked, and told me they wrapped it in something to help make it grow back.

That sounds horrible not "text book", like he first said,

Its the left hip all the way down to the left side of my shin.

Walking is stupid as it aggravated the knee.

I am not overweight either. I made sure to stay trim well before these surgeries,

Hope to hear from someone.

Thank you.

All the threads seem to be old and closed, when you GOOGLE anything about back surgery outcomes.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight"~ Corinthians
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.