advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Spinal Stenosis

Hello my name is Patricia.. I just want to share my story with you... One day I noticed my legs going week.. I thought it was strange cause I had no pain at that time.. Then in a couple of months I started getting burning sensation in my thighs and my lower back started hurting.. I work in retail so I'm on my feet constantly 10 he days... This went on for several months and just progressively got worse to where my knees we're starting to buckle and I would fall.. Well I fell at work and my doctor took me off of work in Feb ...My situation was getting worse I had the extreme burning in my legs and my sciatica nerve running down my left leg hurt you couldn't even touch it on the outside,  the outside of my leg it first hurt all the way down to my foot,  then the pain just went to my knee.. I would cry everyday cause of the pain... Doctors ran lots of test on me and diagnosed me with spinal stenosis.. I was in so much pain that they thought something more was going on.. So for 5 and half months they ran every test possible and blood work and everything would come back normal... I'm also diabetic and have neuothopy. And in those months being in exstreme pain losing over 40 pounds and my legs going weaker and weaker they finally did back surgery ..lower back surgery.. They went in and shaved off 2 bones opening up the canal where my nerves we're being compressed.. I'm in recovery now I still have a little burning not like I did and my legs are still weak my left one more than right.. And my knees will buckel sometimes.. I can't walk without my walker... It's been 2 months since my surgery.. I still have pain and have fell 1 time , my knees gave out both of them while walking and landed on both knees.. It happened so quickly... Has anyone went thru what I'm going thru. I pray I get the strength back in my legs... My Aunt says it takes time to heal and eventually I will regain my strength and eventually the pain should ease.. As she puts it my nerves we're squashed for along time and it's gonna take time... 

advertisement

Comments

Sign In or Join Us to comment.