advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. On June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums moved to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Spinal cord stimulator

Had my permanent stimulator inserted on the 18 July switched on two days later.Not getting the coverage that I did  in the trial.Going back next week to try different setting.im a health care assistant on a very busy surgical ward.Worried about how I will manage

advertisement

Comments

• BDUBSBBDUBS New YorkPosts: 36

Do you have a Nevro?

• I had an Algovita implanted about three weeks ago.  I'm not completely
    healed, I also am not completely satisfied yet. My rep. will be here
    today to reset it.  I had the vibrations before the implanted Algovita
    so I really don't want more vibrating,  It makes my insides vibrate like
    I'm nervous.

• advertisement
  • Here are my facts. I had a successful SCS trial in November 2016. My chronic pain is the result of 3 back surgeries. I am fused from L2 to L5. My symptoms are burning, aching low back and all the way down my left leg. I was cautiously optimistic after the trial. The trial greatly reduced my pain. The trial leads, themselves however, were very uncomfortable. It felt like a big splinter stuck in my back during the entire trial period of 6 days. I decided to go with the implant. The implant surgery was in January 2017. From then until now I never received anywhere close to the relief I felt during the trial. I have had 18 different settings programmed into the device. The best I could achieve was about a 10% improvement with my pain. Most settings caused additional pain elsewhere. I never could get a solid answer as to why the trial was so successful and the actual implant did not work. "Placebo affect" is the explanation given. Regardless, I have surgery scheduled for removal of the SCS in September 2017. Just wanted to share......don't give up. You can tell the tech to program several settings during one visit. I got 5 or 6 at a time. That way you do not have to worry so much about your busy schedule. If you don't have success with one of the settings you can switch to the next setting without constantly going back in for adjustments. SCS works for many.....did not work for me.

Sign In or Join Us to comment.