advertisement
advertisement

Post op pain L4-5 fusion Day 13

pamsterpamster Hurst,Texas 76054Posts: 6

Hello, 

When can a person expect some pain relief from this surgery?

I had a fusion of L4-5 with a bone graft from S1 on July 31, 2017

Panster

advertisement

Comments

• Hi Pam,

I feel your pain.  I just had a Lumbar laminectomy at L3-4 on 7/10.  I have been in worse pain than before surgery.  I was in such pain I could not stand up and even passed out a couple of weeks ago.  They ran another MRI and finally sent me for another pain shot last week.  I have been sick from it since I got it.

I think the answer to your question is a long time.  I talked to some other offices to get a second opinion and they won't even look at you for 6 months until everything is mostly healed.  I don't think our surgeons do a very good job for letting us know the pain we are in for.  I have just decided to lay back for a couple of months and see where it goes.

My wife is getting a fusion I believe in the same place as yours in a couple of weeks.  She talked to a lot of people and 6 months seems to be the common answer for healing.

• Hi Panster, sorry to hear you are still in so much pain.  That being said you are still very recent from surgery.  Some are lucky enough to have immediate relief, others take a bit longer. Did you have any nerve compression? For me that was a big issue with the nerves waking up.  And am still having issues nearly 9 months post surgery.  If you are really concerned maybe ring your Dr's rooms to share your concerns. 

Hope you get some answers. 

Regards Meema 

• advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.