advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

3rd spine surgery at age 32

Hi. I have another post explaining everything I've gone through so far but I'll explain it again in a nutshell. I've had 2 fusions so far. One at L4/L5 with a laminectomy and then had to have another fusion at L5/S1 with a gill laminectomy due to L5 pars fractured and never healed with a brace on. First fusion was a year ago and the second fusion was 7 months ago. I've been diagnosed with psuedoarthrosis since I'm not fusing and my body just doesn't want or feel it needs to heal. I saw my surgeon last week and he suggust a third surgery. He suggusted a 360 fusion and do everything over from the beginning. I agreed to the surgery cause I'm beyond tired of being in pain 24/7 no matter what medication I take or what I try to do to eleviate any pain nothing works.  I just don't know what do expect anymore and I'm only 32 years old. I feel like my future is now gonna be disabled and never back to some what normal.

Has anyone had two failed fusions and then had a 360 fusion done from the beginning. Would love to hear from anyone who has had somewhat the same experience of multiple failed fusions and any relief from having a third surgery go at it with a 360 fusion surgery.

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond with your thoughts and experiences.

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,443

hello jtd85!

welcome to spine-health

i am so sorry you are having to go through so much, especially at your age. any age is bad enough.
    i had surgery from l2-s1 8 yrs. ago. five years after surgery it failed. due to my spine deteriorating so bad surgery was not recommended. now i have to live with 4 ruptured disc, 2 broken vertebra, scoliosis and a few more things. it's just me but i would have done it except the odds were not in my favor because of my age.

please click on the welcome link below for more information.

welcome to spine health

i hoe you get more responses, i know there are members that have been in your situation.
    hang in there and please keep us posted.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical Story  
Sign In or Join Us to comment.