advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. On June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums moved to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Laminoplasty c3-c7 surgery 8-28-17

Hi

New here.  One of the worst things for me is pain control.  2 different meds make me sick and can't keep food down, do I stopped the pain meds.  I am having a great deal of pain down my right arm.  Very uncomfortable almost all day long.  What can I do to ease the pain?  I can't find a comfortable way to sleep.  I really wish I never had this done, but I know I didn't have a choice.

Thanks

advertisement

Comments

• I am so sorry u r having trouble with your meds making u sick, and not eating is not good either. I have found that when a pain med, u never said which pain meds u r on!!, makes u nauseated and a general 'sick' stomach, for me, was that it was too strong or lets say doc wrote take '2' every so many hours, and might be that u should start with 1 instead of 2. Are u used to them? Or are these pain meds new to your system? Check with your doctor/pa and explain your situation; he may even change them as some are known to make u feel sick to your stomach. 

And food? Eat the blandest, no spices/or hot stuff, and only eat what u can but do it many times a day til u are eating better. I remember not being hungry and no way did I want to eat! Ugh. When you talk to your doc and maybe make a change of something you will be able to get better sleep because your pain would be better controlled. Check it out.

Kathleen

• Hi. I had the same surgery last September a year ago. I have been in pain ever since too and the best way i could find comfort were those ice and/or clay packs you find at CVS or the pharmacy. I would put one on my neck and arms and wherever else i felt pain. I also propped myself up with pillows behind my back/neck that helped. GOOD LUCK!!!

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.