advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. On June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums moved to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

What did I do to my back?

Hi all, I'm a 34 year old male. Never had any history of  lower back pain before. I regularly crack many joints in my body, including my lower back. One way O have always done this was by transferring my weight to my arms and letting the lower half of my body become 'dead weight' so to speak. Some people accomplish the same thing by bending over and pushing down on the upper thighs. 

Anyway, I've done this forever with no issue. About 4 months ago or so I was trying to pop my back in this way and it was close to popping but wouldn't, so I angled the back of my sacral/pelvic region against a counter (and tried again on the edge of my bed) and then pushed very hard with my arms off the counter (edge of bed). Basically I created the 'dead weight' thing but to a much more forceful degree, really stretching my torso away from my sacral region. I did this a few times trying to get it to pop. Then probably wishing the next day or so I began noticing lower back pain. I thougt perhaps I just overstretched a muscle or a ligament so I figured it would heal up in a few weeks, as I had read online. Unfortunately, it has been over 4 months now and the lower back pain is still present. 

It gets stiff and painful when I stand up from a seated position, so that I have to hunch over until I can slowly stand all the way up straight. Then sometimes it will start hurting quite badly while standing, and seems worse after I sit for an extended time. I also used to always use a leg pillow while sleeping but this hurts now. Now I have to get as flat as possible in bed, and honestly the opposite of using a leg pillow helps, meaning toes towards face instead of heels towards back of head like from using a leg pillow. 

Anyway, hopefully someone was patient enough to read all of this. Any ideas as to what I did to my back? This is very upsetting, stressful, and painful.

advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 9,709

hello bustamante

there are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.  have you discussed this with your doctor?

please click on the link for useful information welcome to spine-health

all new members should take the system tutorial 

Liz, 

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • bustamante, since it's been 4 months, it's time to make a appointment with you PCP and find out what's going on.

DavidG

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

• advertisement
  • Don't want to scare You, but you may have a bulging disc, I'd go see a doctor asap! Get it dealt with before it gets worse.

• You should see a doctor soon, especially if the pain radiates down your leg. 
    Ol' Spiney..Micro-D L4-L5, TLIF L4-S1 -post op central HNP L4-S1,stenosis, retrolisthesis, EF, facet arthropathy, lumbar& cervical DDD. FBSS- Medtronic pain pump & SCS
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.