advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. On June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums moved to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

referred pain

I have disc problems at L2,L3 combined with artistes of the vertebrae, can I get referred pain in my stomach region. The pain I am getting radiates down my left buttock and groin and down my left leg 

advertisement

Comments

• Hi Papillons

You may find it useful to research about nerve pathways in your legs.  Nerves relating to the disc area you mentioned, as with most lumbar discs, are connected to nerves in the legs.  I have discovered this through research for my own problems in my lumbar area and I am not a medical professional, just sharing my experiences.

This pain could be a number of things, so please seek medical advice.

Take care

AJ

AJGormit

---------------------------------------------------------------

L5/S1 herniation Apr 2013
    nerve root injections Oct 2013
    L5/S1 discectomy Jan 2014
    L5/S1 nerve roo &, facet joint injections & edpidural Jan 2015
    L5/S1 revised discectomy, L4/L5 discectomy & Wallis Inswing Stabilisation L4/L5 May 1st 2015
    L4-S1 TLIF with decompression June 2017
  • Hi AJ, thank you for sending me your thoughts, when you were researching about nerves, did you see any correlation between lumber pain and referred pain in the stomach, I fully appreciate your comments that you are not a medical professional

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,441

A good start for you to research this would be the search box at the top right of the page. Key in L2-L3 and nerves. Scroll down and you will see articles, videos and other discussions on this topic. 
    You can also go to the top of the page and click on Conditions and/or Treatments.
    Do some research and let us know what you find.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical Story  
  • It is very difficult viewing the different sites to identify if referred pain from the back to the abdomen is a factor with problems at the vertebrae I mentioned before can anyone clarify for me please, and indeed whether they have experienced this. Thank you

• This could be a stretch, but if you have issues at L3, nerves from this area do effect your bladder and lower digestive system.  So, it's not out of the question that your back pain could be causing your stomach area issues.  That being said, only your doctors can diagnose what's really going on with your body.  Be very up front and specific with your doctor so he/she knows what you're feeling and how long.  If you get to a point where you cannot control your bowels or bladder, call your doctor immediately.

Keith

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • advertisement
  • Hi keith, thank you so much for your comments they are appreciated, I am seeing my neurosurgeon next week when i will mention all these relevant points. Fortunately I do not have a problem with either bladder or bowels, I had cervical surgery last year, so I am seeing thew same surgeon to discuss the findings of the MRI scans which I had recently. Thanks again 

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.