advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. On June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums moved to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Anyone else always feel like your in back labor?!?

Hello Everyone..

I'm 35, and suffering from L-5,S-1 herniated disc. Last time I had my MRI it was 5 cm. I also have two bulges in my neck that are 2 cms each. 

I've had two epidural injections, the second one was so painful I haven't been back for my third. I always constantly feel like I'm in back labor! I mainly feel it when I'm sitting or laying down. I have occasional shooting pain in my left buttocks than travels down in to my upper thigh, but doesn't last too long. I've been having some swelling in my feet that come and go,along with stiffness and tingling. My main concern is mainly the spasms. They seem constant with no relief. Does this happen to anyone else?  What seems to help you? 

I take hot baths, heating pads to help elevate it but it's hit and miss.. no RX drugs because I hate the way they make me feel. Thanks for your time..

advertisement

Comments

• barbie2016bbarbie2016 washington statePosts: 17

Yes! I have this. Fusion 3 1/2 weeks ago.  This pain keeps me awake ast night even with pain meds.  Very annoying

• I also have a herniation in L5 S1, it was extremely painful! I had sciatica in my right leg that was relentless to the point that sleep was out of the question and pills did nothing to dull the pain,  I had no feeling in the 3 smallest toes and was unable to feel heat on any part of the foot, but even the slightest breeze felt like an icy cold wind. I had prp done on August 15 and I went back to work on sunday Sep 10, I have to take a half hour break everyday around noon to lay down with a lumbar pillow because my spine still tends to lock up, but I'm almost pain free now! You really should look into it, it has changed (and probably saved) my life.

• advertisement
  • barbie2016bbarbie2016 washington statePosts: 17

Prp?

• badbackjackbbadbackjack Posts: 3
    edited 09/15/2017 - 5:49 PM

Platelet rich plasma, they draw some of your blood and spin it to separate the platelets from the white blood, and then inject it into the affected disc to stimulate stem cell production, basically force your body to heal itself. No surgery, just a needle and a few weeks of taking it easy.

• Yes, that's exactly how it felt when I had a disc herniation. I outta know from being in back labor 30 hours lol. No prescription drugs? That's impressive. Do you use OTC meds like tylenol or aleve? Topical creams can be helpful too like Icy Hot w/Lidocaine, Biofreeze, etc. Along with my pain regimen, I also use ice packs and heating pad. 
    Ol' Spiney..Micro-D L4-L5, TLIF L4-S1 -post op central HNP L4-S1,stenosis, retrolisthesis, EF, facet arthropathy, lumbar& cervical DDD. FBSS- Medtronic pain pump & SCS
  • advertisement
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.