advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. On June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums moved to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

MRI Results HELP!! What do they mean??

GnVGGnV Posts: 7
edited 09/18/2017 - 8:51 PM in Lower Back Pain

Hello there,

New to this forum, but I have a question with regards to my MRI result.

I had an L5 Laminectomy in 2004 had been fantastic up until Oct 2016 after a hockey game I played. Since then, bilateral leg pain, worse on the left, I have pain, tingling, numbness and get CRAZY calf spasms. I just need help with what my results mean, if anyone can help I would appreciate it!! 

L5-S1 L5 is partially sacralized. Disc is hypoplastic with mild to moderate facet joint arthrosis bilaterally. Overall, these findings are producing moderate central stenosis.

L4-5 Previous Laminectomy. There is moderate degenerative disc disease with a moderate broad-based central disc herniation. There is moderate facet joint arthrosis bilaterally. These findings are producing moderate to severe neural foraminal narrowing bilaterally.

L3-4 Diffuse disc bulge and facet joint arthrosis with ligamentum flavum hypertrophy and bony overgrowth. Producing mild central canal and neural foraminal stenosis bilaterally.

L2-3 Minimal disc bulge. No herniation or stenosis.

L1-2 No abnormality identified.

Interpretation:

1. Multilevel DDD and facet joint arthrosis 

2. Multilevel stenosis

3. Central herniation L4-5

THANKS in advance for any information you might be able to help me understand.

~GnV

advertisement

Comments

• You need to go see a spinal surgeon, preferably one in a large city hospital.  Just try to understand the "Interpretaion".   YOu have multi level degenerative disc disease, stenosis, artrosis, which means the artrosis, which is like arthritis is deteriorating the discs. The stenosis is a narrowing of the canal because of the arthrosis.  But the disc herniation may be what is causing the nerve pain, may be sitting on a nerve.  Anyway you look at it, the spine needs treatment.  I am sure you are in a lot of pain.  Good Luck to you.

• There was an addendum sent to my dr that was added to my report.

“There is moderate contact with the exiting L4 nerve root on the left, and mild contact with the L4 nerve root on the right.”

• advertisement
  • No one here is qualified to answer,interpret nor diagnose any condition here.

Your Primary Care Provider is the best solution for this question as any anwer..no matter how good intended may be the wrong one.

William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• WOW!! Ok thanks!!

• I don’t know how to delete this post, so if anyone knows how to please feel free to do so. Thank You!!

• advertisement
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.