advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. On June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums moved to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Has this ever happened to anyone?

So,

This is kind of an embarrassing topic.

Just now when I was going to the bathroom to take a number 2, I cannot believe the way it flared up the pain in my leg, I have never experienced this before. Does anyone know why all of a sudden it would cause me to flare up like this??

Any help is appreciated!!

~GnV

advertisement

Comments

• hi gnv

welcome to spine-health

this problem is not uncommon when somebody has lumbar damage.

if your medical team are not aware of your increased symptoms then you may want to contact them.  they will have heard of things like this before so do not be embarrassed to share.

have you had feed back from them about your mri results?

we cannot give you any diagnosis or interpretation of your results.

i have added two links for further information and to remind you of the forum rules.

welcome to spine health

aj

AJGormit

---------------------------------------------------------------

L5/S1 herniation Apr 2013
    nerve root injections Oct 2013
    L5/S1 discectomy Jan 2014
    L5/S1 nerve roo &, facet joint injections & edpidural Jan 2015
    L5/S1 revised discectomy, L4/L5 discectomy & Wallis Inswing Stabilisation L4/L5 May 1st 2015
    L4-S1 TLIF with decompression June 2017
  • Hello there,

Thanks for your reply. I did have a Laminectomy back in 2004. I re-injured my back while playing hockey Oct 2016 and have been having problems since then. I did have an MRI and I have been waiting for over 9months for a referral to see a Surgeon(Canada).

These are what my results said, 

MRI RESULTS:

L5-S1 L5 is partially sacralized. Disc is hypoplastic with mild to moderate facet joint arthrosis bilaterally. Overall, these findings are producing moderate central stenosis.

L4-5 Previous Laminectomy. There is moderate degenerative disc disease with a moderate broad-based central disc herniation. There is moderate facet joint arthrosis bilaterally. These findings are producing moderate to severe neural foraminal narrowing bilaterally.

L3-4 Diffuse disc bulge and facet joint arthrosis with ligamentum flavum hypertrophy and bony overgrowth. Producing mild central canal and neural foraminal stenosis bilaterally.

L2-3 Minimal disc bulge. No herniation or stenosis.

L1-2 No abnormality identified.

Interpretation:

1. Multilevel DDD and facet joint arthrosis 

2. Multilevel stenosis

3. Central herniation L4-5

These results are all foreign to me. I just never had the problem that I am having after taking a poop. Even today I am still feeling the increased pain down my leg and into my toe.

Thanks again for your response!! I think this is a really interesting forum to have!!

Cheers!! ~GnV

• advertisement
  • This was an addendum that was added to my report.

“There is moderate contact with the exiting L4 nerve root on the left, and mild contact with the L4 nerve root on the right.”

• I am also noticing in the last 2 weeks that the back of my left thigh has this burning feeling?? Just my pants touching it causes pain. These are all new symptoms, I NEVER had any of these symptoms before I had my Laminectomy back in 2004. Is it possible that it is from the problems in my back or could it be something else?? I have the burning, and the calf spasms that are a ‘new’ experience. 

Sorry for all the 500 questions and comments and THANK YOU for those who have replied to them, I APPRECIATE IT TREMENDOUSLY!!

~GnV

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.