advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. On June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums moved to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Emg normal but in severe pain

I got hurt at work almost 2 yrs ago. I had  my first ACDF on Aug 24 2016. That one was a 3 disc fusion. My second surgery was July 12 of this year. That one was just a 1 disc fusion. I am again having burning, pain, severe weakness,  jerking in my fingers and hands and some numbing.  The doctor ordered an EMG and nerve test. That came back normal. Has anyone had an EMG come back normal, but still have all their symptoms?

Thank you!

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,441

hi predsfan!
    welcome to spine health

i'm sorry you are having to go through this, but yes, from what i've read these tests can come back normal, as with any test.
    what did your doctor tell you when it came back normal?
    i went to the search box at the top of the page, keyed in failed emg test, scrolled down and found older discussions on this topic.
    while you are waiting for other members to reply, it may be good reading for you.

in the meantime, please click on the welcome link below and tutorial to get you started on the forum.

welcome to spine health

please keep us posted on your findings.
    Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical Story  
  • PredsfanPPredsfan Posts: 3
    edited 09/26/2017 - 4:38 PM

I am not seeing a search bar on my end.

• advertisement
  • Hi. I am sorry to hear about your pain.  I had an EMG that showed no nerve damage but yet my fingers were numb. The neurologist who ordered the test told me the EMG shows nothing but that the tests aren't always accurate. During the test, it was especially cold in the room so two heat lamps were placed over me as I shivered. As a side note, when I was on gabapentin, I started to have burning and jerking in my hands.

Sign In or Join Us to comment.