advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Nightmare needs to stop

Pain meds  

What am I suppose to do my Dr is taking my pain meds away he is telling me that drugs are bad for me. Pain will kill me faster then any medicine will!

I have been trying to get in to a pain program to help me cope with pain with no meds. Work comp does not want to pay for it. So here I am meds have been cut 50% . My quality of life is about a 5 and going down everyday. My injury is a 20 year old work injury T4-T8 herniated disk. 

I have not had a pay check in 4 years unemployment won’t help they say it’s medical. SSD said because I worked with my injury before I should be able to do it again. Work comp just does nothing! Wtf I ask for help and never get anything .

I tell my doctor about my depression and no help there.

I went back to work 2 weeks after getting hurt doctor told me it was damaged muscle and I believed him damm I am dumb.

When does this nightmare end??

Painfull 

4 Hern disk. T4/5 T5/6 T6/7 T7/8
advertisement

Comments

• Painfull,

First, what kind of doctor are you seeing?  If it is not a neurologist or physiatrist that deals with chronic pain, that is where I would start.  What kind of treatments have you undergone?  How recently?   

Second, when did you apply for SSDI?  Have you been through the appeal process?  Did you hire a lawyer?  SSDI usually turns everyone down.  It took me 3 years to get approved and I did use a lawyer.  That said, because it is worker's comp related, I would suggest a lawyer anyway.  Workers comp is an intermediary that basically helps protect the employer, not the employee.  

Third, get help with your depression.  Some found counseling is enough, while others require anti-depressants.  You can start with a psychiatrist, psychologist or counselor ... it is your choice, but I would definitely suggest making an appointment with someone.

Hang in there and don't lose hope.  

• Any time I've been hurt at work, I've gotten a comp lawyer. They work cheap and have HUGE case loads. But it has to be documented. If you have made a claim, see a lawyer. I broke my wrist at work, out 4 weeks, put in a claim and had a lawyer. The next was a knee injury and I was out a total of 26 months, had surgery. The lawyer made sure I got paid all the time. Both cases, I got a cash award.

Diagnosis: Thoracic facet syndrome & cervical and thoracic radiculopathy from car accident trauma.
  • advertisement
  • Nightmares can be extremely unpleasant, cause fear and anxiety and ... nightmares needs to be addressed with someone you trust to talk to.

• PainfullPPainfull Posts: 11
    edited 12/02/2017 - 5:04 PM

The nightmare continues 

I just got my letter saying work comp will not pay for me to get help getting off narcotic meds. For two years I have been trying to get help with learning new ways to deal with my pain without meds. I still suffer with chronic pain 24-7 and want to go into the pain center to get off the meds. So here I am taking half of the same meds that I have been on for 17 years. I chose to cut my meds to insure I could complete the program. You heard that right there has been no management of my meds at all. I have enough meds to get me to the afternoon about 3 pm after that I live on the floor. I went back to work 2 weeks after getting hurt suffered through 3 jobs always tried to do the right thing. I am so screwed.

17 injections 

So much for asking for help.

Unemployment said no help you have a medical problem.

SSD  said you worked when you were hurt do it again.

Work comp [edit]

I have a lawyer

Physiatrist 

Occupational doctor 

Primary MD.    joke!

Neuroradiologist

Rheumatologist 

All of these people backed me getting into the pain center!

Painful 

Edited by Liz, Spine-health Moderator Removed offensive comment

4 Hern disk. T4/5 T5/6 T6/7 T7/8
  • Hire a lawyer.  Best thing you can do at this point I'm afraid.

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • advertisement
  • ThoracicfireThoracicfire Posts: 83
    edited 12/09/2017 - 4:37 PM

Hello painfully, I spoke with you before and it helped me a lot. All those professionals don't care about you as much as you do. Money won't give you, your health back. Sometimes we have to swallow our pride, learn to let go of the bs holding us back, those people are nothing special at the end of the day. Just people who need to work and pay bills.

I hope you can get help for your pain. This is the most important thing. Take rest and take care man I know things are very hard right now but you need to love your body. You are not alone brother!

ThoracicFire

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.