advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Burning spine pain

Hi all, for the past 3 weeks I've been having this burning sensation on my spine (just under my shoulder blades)which is immediately followed by unbearable stomach pain and dry heaving.  Doc has taken X-rays, and blood work, so far nothing conclusive.  So far Gabapentin has worked best for the spine pain, flexorol and meloxicam had no noticeable effects.  I consider myself to be very active, and used to general back pain/soreness but this is unbearable.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

advertisement

Comments

• hi jcb17

welcome to spine-health

there are no medical professional to give you medical help but we are here for support if you need that.

you do not mention an mri and this will show far more than an x-ray, relating to discs and nerves.

gabapentin is a drug used for nerve pain, so an mri seems a sensible route to work out what is happening on the inside.

i have added two links below to help new members with information and these also contain the forum rules.  there is lots of material to research that will give you the power of knowledge.

welcome to spine health

aj 
    AJGormit

---------------------------------------------------------------

L5/S1 herniation Apr 2013
    nerve root injections Oct 2013
    L5/S1 discectomy Jan 2014
    L5/S1 nerve roo &, facet joint injections & edpidural Jan 2015
    L5/S1 revised discectomy, L4/L5 discectomy & Wallis Inswing Stabilisation L4/L5 May 1st 2015
    L4-S1 TLIF with decompression June 2017
Sign In or Join Us to comment.