advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

thoracic pain going on a year now

Hi, I'm 30, runner, active, 115 lbs, 5'8". I ran a half marathon exactly a year ago. Took off from running and started getting into doing more weight lifting at the gym nothing crazy or anything just adding it into my routine. In december I noticed a small pain in the front of my ribs on the right side. Figured I pulled a muscle and took it easy. It went away for about a month until it came back, this time more in my back directly behind where I felt the pain in the front. Went to the ER because I couldn't take it anymore and they said it was an ulcer. treated this.... went on with time until I noticed I had a numb spot on my back right where I feel the pain... saw a chiropractor - nothing. Now I'm in PT and not finding much that helps. Iv'e had dry needling twice. the pain is almost worse because of how sore I feel like I'm getting from all of the exercises and stretches. If I lean to my left and pull my right shoulder up to almost stretch I feel an awful tight pulling sensation where the pain/numbness is. Still feeling the pain radiate to the front. Pain is better when I'm up and moving and worsens when I lay on my back or sit. PT thinks it's rib stuff. NO ONE will refer me for an x ray or MRI. I keep asking when they will think it's necessary and they keep saying lets try this first and then this and this.... My husband keeps saying it's nothing serious and to calm down but I'm freaking out now something is seriously wrong. To me it feels like a muscle is severely strained.... any input??

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.