advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Do calcium supplements help with futon?

Just wondering if calcium, vitamin d , and magnesium help with fusion. 

advertisement

Comments

• AJGormitAAJGormit Posts: 2,171
    edited Today 1:08 PM

hi terryg

Welcome to Veritas Health Forum

please add more information about your condition.

i have added two links below to help new members with information and these also contain the forum rules.  there is lots of material to research that will give you the power of knowledge.

welcome to spine health

aj 

• WLLadyWLLady Ontario CanadaPosts: 1,480

My surgeon told me that it wouldnt hurt to take a calcium and vit d supplement for the first year, but also to eat a balanced diet, and that protein is also important (meat or more nuts if i didnt eat meat-i do eat meat and for 3 weeks after surgery meat was very well received by my stomach lol) - because the muscles are damaged and listen to my body.....

For the first 12 weeks i craved milk, yogurt, cheese, anything and everything dairy lol. Was it my body saying i needed calcium? Not sure, could have been my head knowing i needed to grow bone....but the cravings quit when i started taking calcium and vit d....300mg/day, just once a day.  Did it help me grow bone? Well, at 6 months my surgeon said "great bone growth, you are fused".  At 3 months he said that  he said the fusion was growing nicely-would i like to start back at work part time?  So....not sure if it helped.  But it knocked down my dairy cravings (and help my grocery budget). Lol

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.