advertisement
advertisement

L4/5 microdisectomy

Hi,I'm trying to find out if there is any body out there that has had this surgery.I had my surgery on 5/12/17,and I'm now 7 weeks post opp. The problem is that I cannot sit at all with out immediate pain in my buttock.I am walking every day,and things are much better than before I had the  surgery.may be things are just healing,but I'm worried it has not worked.

advertisement

Comments

• 12/5/17 (assuming that’s correct) isn’t even quite six weeks out. 

• AJGormitAAJGormit Posts: 2,087
    edited 07/23/2019 - 1:08 PM

hi mark2

Welcome to Veritas Health Forum

well done on the walking daily, a brilliant thing to follow in recovery and recommended by many surgeons/physios, including mine.

my surgeon also told me to only perch for 6 weeks after surgery for meals and trips to the bathroom and to spend the rest of the time walking, standing or laying down.  he told me my disc was vunerable and could be for 3 months after surgery while it healed over.  sitting puts immense pressure on the lumbar area, so probably why you are feeling pain.

however if you are worried, contact your medical team for advice about this.  maybe you have your follow up appointment soon, so make notes and share at your appointment.

i have added two links below to help new members with information and these also contain the forum rules.  there is lots of material to research that will give you the power of knowledge.

welcome to spine health

all new members should take the system tutorial 
    aj 

• advertisement
  • johnny63jjohnny63 Posts: 2
    edited 01/16/2018 - 3:49 AM

Just had L2 microdiscectomy jan 9 at LaserSpineInstitute. Although the hideous leg pain I had when initially DX in October was gone, ( P.T.did traction) I wanted the herniated disc material out of my life to avoid " flare-up".....i was told at my 3rd appt for epidural injection to return " when it flares up" . NOT!    I realize there is always the risk of re-herniation but I couldn't mentally " live with" it. The surgeon I had does no less than 1000 of these proceedures per year- . I need a more invasive proceedure to correct a worsening L5-S1 Spondylolisthesis I've suffered with since age 13 which is the main source of my chronic back pain. I  am now 54. I would get another opinion if you continue to suffer!  

Sign In or Join Us to comment.