advertisement
advertisement

Arthritis throughout the whole body

Comments

• Hi Dave,

I was wondering what dosage you are using for your Butrans patch?  I had C5-C7 levels fused.  My arm pain goes all the way down my forearm.  Mainly on the topside of the arm.  It is more numbness than pain.  The real pain for me is the aching across my upper back into both shoulders and then down both arms.  It really feels like bad arthritis.  My surgeon showed me my fusion post Xrays.  Both doner bones are fused well on the top.  I can see no line whatsoever.  The bottom of both doner bones I can see definate lines.  Of course the surgeon said dont worry about this.  I am skeptical.  The Achy pain is bad upon waking and gets worse until I take dilauded.  This will keep it at bay for maybe three or four hours.  If I do not take it I cant use my arms much or sit still at all.  The pain just makes me do nothing.  I sit on the sofa with an ice bag or heating pad until my meds kick in.  I never had this type of pain before surgery.  My presurgery pain was sharper and more so in my neck.  Now its more across my upper back, shoulders and arms.  If I can get insurance worked out I will try a patch.  If not I will ask for long acting pain meds.  I used to take Exalgo but it did not work.  I thought if dilauded worked exalgo would be great, not so.  My PM dr is talking about long acting morphine.  I am just going crazy over all this.

thanks dmo

• Sorry you are having a rough time.  If it were me I would be worried about the line if you don't have solid fusion you can get movement at that level and it can produce pain. At C6/C7 I have open space except on the edges.  The donor bone is no longer there.  I use the 20mcg Butrans patch.  I also use the heating pad a lot on my shoulders. 

• advertisement
  • i just joined i thought i was gone crazy with the pain i read alot of your post i am sitting here crying like a baby you all gave me hope i will look for a arthritis doctor thanks a lot god bless you all  i will post in near futher

• i just joined i thought i was gone crazy with the pain i read alot of your post i am sitting here crying like a baby you all gave me hope i will look for a arthritis doctor thanks a lot god bless you all  i will pos

• edited 07/30/2019 - 12:41 PM

Thanks for recommending informative forums, I have gone through that too and found helpful.

• advertisement
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.