advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

First injection failed

So I had my first epidural injection for my lower back and it barely worked for just 3 days. I was really sick the first few days which I hear is normal but I also had severe headaches and nausea for about 2 consecutive weeks. They still come and go even last night and today. I also got a flushed face a couple times and night sweats. I was told that was also normal. 

Then 3 weeks after the injection I go see my pain management doctor and he suggests another one in just a week and a half. I scheduled my appointment but my husband and my family, except my dad, are completely against it! 

First the cost was about $300, not including the $500 deductible I had to pay the day of. I was taken off of work and am only receiving SSI so I had to take the majority of our savings out to pay for it. Then the first shot did nothing and made me sick. I don't know what to do. I don't need surgery and physical therapy isn't helping. 

Should I cancel my appointment and ask for a second opinion?

advertisement

Comments

• hi beebee

welcome to spine-health

there are no medical professional on this site and it break forum rules for any members to give medical advice.  any responses you get will be personal experience only from other members.

injections work for some members but not for others so each case is different.

i hope you are able to get some medical advice from your hospital team or doctor to help you make a decision.

i have added two links below to help new members with information and these also contain the forum rules.  there is lots of material to research that will give you the power of knowledge.

welcome to spine health

aj 

AJGormit

---------------------------------------------------------------

L5/S1 herniation Apr 2013
    nerve root injections Oct 2013
    L5/S1 discectomy Jan 2014
    L5/S1 nerve roo &, facet joint injections & edpidural Jan 2015
    L5/S1 revised discectomy, L4/L5 discectomy & Wallis Inswing Stabilisation L4/L5 May 1st 2015
    L4-S1 TLIF with decompression June 2017
Sign In or Join Us to comment.