advertisement

In this Discussion

advertisement

L5/S1 fusion via ALIF/TLIF

Hi everyone. I've just had a surgery date confirmed for my Spondylolithesis issues. I'm pretty scared about having ALIF and TLIF done, but my surgeon says this will produce the best results. Has anyone here been through this surgery? I would appreciate any information you can share with me.  Thanks!

advertisement

Comments

• AJGormitAAJGormit Posts: 2,087
    edited 07/23/2019 - 1:08 PM

hi debbiedebs

Welcome to Veritas Health Forum

being scared is a natural thing but i hope by reading other peoples experiences and post op comments, it will help you with details you may be scared about.

one way of linking with members experiences who have had surgery recently is to read surgery buddies under 'forum topics'.  you can join in by adding a comment.

i have personally had tlif l4-s1 and recovering slowly but surely.  patience is very important and also being kind to yourself :-).  it can be hard to ask for help sometimes, but it is the best way to recover well.

i have added two links below to help new members with information and these also contain the forum rules.  there is lots of material to research that will give you the power of knowledge.

welcome to spine health

all new members should take the system tutorial 
    aj 

Sign In or Join Us to comment.