advertisement

In this Discussion

advertisement

Balance and walking issues post hip and lower back surgery.

Jan.2015 left hip replacement with issues. Dec. 2015 , 2nd left hip replacement surgery.  Aug. 2017 lower back surgery with hardware. Since the back surgery ,I have had 4 months of PT , Mon-Wed-Fri. My problem is with my strength and balance. My surgeon said recovery time would be 18-24 months, because of the time needed to recover from the three surgeries , and loss of muscle in my ankles and calfs. After exercise my feet feel like they are made of cement. If you have  or are having the same problems, and found stability please share.

advertisement

Comments

• AJGormitAAJGormit Posts: 2,087
    edited 07/23/2019 - 1:08 PM

hi rdana

Welcome to Veritas Health Forum

recovery can be frustrating and seem slow sometimes, but we have to be kind to our bodies and consider what they have been through with surgery.  with yourself, not just one, but three!

i had my tlif l4-s1 in june 2017 and at times i still feel totally exhaustion and symptoms that can cause worry, until i start to see a little improvement.  i have had three surgeries since may 2014 and this last surgery has been challenging in recovery.

you may find some details about post op recovery and the types of physio members are having via the surgery buddies under 'forum topics'

you could also search for old post about this subject if you cannot find any current ones.  just use the search box at the top of the page.

i have added two links below to help new members with information and these also contain the forum rules.  there is lots of material to research that will give you the power of knowledge.

welcome to spine health

all new members should take the system tutorial 
    aj 

Sign In or Join Us to comment.