advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

s1 l5 l4 Fusion.... but xray shows.... no attempt made to fuse l4/l5

Comments

• Same with me- bone graft was what also taken from what was removed during surgery. I hope the TLIF and fusion lasts..there have been so many people on this site who have failed surgeries and hardware removal.. I do however, have confidence in this surgeon.

• nutcase007nnutcase007 United StatesPosts: 953

@nippi9 - Have you considered getting a second opinion?

• advertisement
  • BitzicatBBitzicat PhoenixPosts: 74

Just had MRI at 16 months.  Report does not use the word “fusion”.  Mentions the rods and screws often.  No mention of cage, which I have (somewhere).  Order was not from my surgeon and I have to wait to see him; but when I filled out reason for MRI  it was weather or not I had fused.  Don’t think I have....  what could the reason be?  Had a CT at 13 months which did not say fused either.  Doctor saw that one but did not tell me anything.  I have been focused  for over a year on being  numb on my left side, from buttock to foot and also lower back pain.   No one can explain why.  At first it was “takes time”, now “I don’t know”.  Non fusion never occurred to me.

If you do not fuse, does it always require further surgery?

Even the finest surgeon in the world can screw up.  I had faith in mine....

Sign In or Join Us to comment.