advertisement
advertisement

Spinal fusion clicking sensation 5 years post op

hey! I have been scouring through the forums and notice that the topic of spinal clicking/popping has come up a few times, but everything I’ve read has to deal with pre fusion or right after surgery. I’m about 5 years post op on a spinal fusion to a few vertebrae on my L spine and I just happened to have my hand on my back today and notice that there was a popping or clicking sensation I could feel through the skin. It’s not audible and it doesn’t hurt but I’ve never felt it before and I’m really concerned. I work in the service industry so I have a somewhat labor intensive job and I also live in New Orleans and went out for Mardi Gras, so I’m somewhat concerned that I stressed myself somehow.

So my question is,  has anyone felt this post fusion and if so, did it go away or turn out to be a bigger problem? 

Any help is appreciated. Thanks :)

advertisement

Comments

• Update: I woke up this morning with what appears to be blood spots on my scar. About three small ones

• Are you ok?!

• advertisement
  • I had spinal fusion surgery C3 through C7 in 2010. I did pretty good for about 3 years before the pain started again.  It was gradual at first but over the next few years got much worse. My pain Dr gave me multiple injections and muscle relaxes but everything was just a temporary fix. Finally I was referred to a new spine surgeon because my previous one was no longer here. After a CT scan we found out the bottom screws were completely loose. In May of 2017 I had surgery to remove the old hardware and redo the fusion along with 2 more discs. I am now fused from C3 through T2. Both were through the back of my neck. I didn't have your clicking and did have pain so was different than yours but this lets you know that there can be issues years after 

• I had a lumbar fusion in 2015 the past year I start off with my lower back hurting again where at times I couldn't barely walk, stand up. The last couple months in the late afternoon everytime I move I have this popping and clicking sound and feel in my back. Not sure if I should call back surgeon or just try living with it. Has anyone else had this and if so did you go to drs. And find out why its doing that?

• LizLiz Posts: 2,417

This is an old discussion created by a member no longer on the forum so I have to close it. If they return we can reopen the discussion.

• advertisement
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.