advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

CBD oil

Comments

• My husband & I have both tried CBD oil. However......not ALL CBD oils are the same. And honestly, my husband and I are still trying to figure out the best ones. However, being the 'best' one for one person is not the same for another. Some are better with anxiety. Others with chronic pain...

I can say that if you take CBD oil that tastes harsh and/or like 'weed', then it typically doesn't work as well. Plus, since they are not monitored like drug companies are, you *are* taking more risk by using them.

Not to mention, a small bottle costs about $100 to $150 and lasts maybe a month. So it is pricey....

That said, my husband is fused from C3 to T1 and, subsequently, the extra added stress on his thoracic area really aggravates his shoulders. It doesn't help that he has had one shoulder surgery also and the other shoulder was already aggravated....

But when he takes CBD oil, he notices that there is less pressure/pain in his shoulder areas. It *does* make a difference when he takes it. 

• Anyone had too much CBD ?  How do you know?  Wondering what you’re experience is.  

Since everyone has their own tolerance level I’m sure  that’s a bit like saying I can drink a bottle of wine before I’m ready to face plant, while my wife it only takes two glasses before she’s lit. 

And when I drink too much wine (face plant) it’s different from when I drink too much tequila (commode time).  

Finally, amount of THC probably has some effect on your CBD overage (I did not say OD)

L3-S1 ALIF Feb 2018 and 

L3-S1 PLIF Laminectomy and Fusion March 2018

• advertisement
  • For what it's worth. 

I've stopped buying "CBD" oil. I'm sticking to dispensary grade pills. Where I live they are tested for strength and the CBD is "activated "(by heat I think). With very small amount of THC (7.2mg/40 pills).

The effect is consistant. It allows me to relax muscles that I never could without it. (They would spring back in very painful spams ).

It helps me, not a miracle cure but with other things it's controllable and keeps me out of the ER.

No "high", least that I can tell, sometimes I get hungry. 

• Joel1QJJoel1Q Posts: 332
    edited 11/13/2018 - 1:19 AM

I can agree I'm a bit negative with oils after a number of different mini experiments over the last few weeks... and that CBD hangover feeling I mentioned earlier seems more related to tinctures, vs pills. When I use pills it’s definitely more consistent.  

Some of my research went into the topic of Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome - I’d encourage you to read up on this topic if you’re having any abdominal issues-nausea ironically and pain, when using. I had on occasion and as soon as I lay off the tincture as the baseline CBD, and relied just on the pills to get my baseline CBD, and augment with other things like couch says, such as Accupuncture or especially physical therapy and exercise,  for me I have the best results, personally some the most positive lower pain days post op in 8+ months.

L3-S1 ALIF Feb 2018 and 

• boo9989bboo9989 Posts: 584
    edited 11/16/2018 - 5:38 AM

I've have found all this frustrating..and mostly useless...after months and months of trying different types . I've tried dry verse vape..Cbd,  tinture , milder or low thc for daytime..stronger with high thc for night ..

I'm going to be the first to speak up about this please be careful with the higher thc blends at night. A trip to the bathroom during the night time could spell disaster. I have found some of the higher thc blends for night can make your walking somewhat unstable which could cause a fall. Not that its happen to me yet but I have felt the affect enough to relieze I need to becareful.

I myself found no relief with cbd oil or tincture both have a weedy after taste which LMH spoke of.

I also have concerns about smoking as well as vaping. I feel both could be bad. I cough more with vaping then I do smoking and is there any studies on the affect of vaping  oils on your lungs ?

Also I do not get the so called munchies. I get a heavy feeling like someone socked me in my gut.

You know all this is new..unexplored territory. No one even doctors can give you advice on strength and doses. ..I think it's all what YOUR hoping to get out of it...mm is a excellent muscle relaxer maybe too much at times. It helps somewhat with nerve pain...mechanical pain in my opinion no...these are just my views though.

Just remember there is a difference between online or over the counter cbd oil which has alot of added flavorings made from the Male plant ..while cbd oil from a mm dispensaries is made from the female plant with little to no flavoring other then they earthy weed taste. LMH stated the weedy type isnt monitor but online over the counter are is not true.. NO pharmaceutical company are monitoring the quality and quantity of (EITHER.) So use either with a air of caution...

All this is my own opinion. 

• advertisement
  • ArizonaAArizona ArizonaPosts: 167

Vaping (the "legal" cbd oil) often makes me cough a lot too.

• It all makes you cough. I smoke but can't take one drag of MM without coughing up a lung for 20 min.

My VERY VERY limited use of MM,suggested it just made me not to care about the pain. But I couldn't walk, talk, drive, watch TV, read. Just sat "Couch locked" for hours. I don't care much for it.

That being said there was one that worked,....it's long long gone, to hard to grow.

• Which one worked couch?   There are so many strains but I am so try to note those that work and try and find the blend since your local mix could be based on something grown in SoCal  The pure CBD vape pen I had worked well for a short time but doesn’t work for me long term due to chronic bronchitis. Still not sure on all this myself

L3-S1 ALIF Feb 2018 and 

• A 20:1 version of ACDC. It's been advocated that it's the best. Buuuut very hard to grow, low yields , and the CBD ratio can be anything. I tried a 5:1 and fell on my face twice. Still have the vape cartridge. Maybe someday growers will concentrate on CBD....one can hope.

• That is the same blend I get in SoCal and I’m pleased for nighttime use....except for the problem with the lungs. I found same in vape and prefer it as it’s 1 hit and I’m good for 6 hrs, no high at all just soothing and sometimes pain relief but it’s depends on what else of the blend I’m doing at the time to augment it. Still trying to find the right rest of the blend   My dispensary seems to have it every time I check... good luck couch!

L3-S1 ALIF Feb 2018 and 

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.