advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

CBD oil

Comments

• That is the same blend I get in SoCal and I’m pleased for nighttime use....except for the problem with the lungs. I found same in vape and prefer it as it’s 1 hit and I’m good for 6 hrs, no high at all just soothing and sometimes pain relief but it’s depends on what else of the blend I’m doing at the time to augment it. Still trying to find the right rest of the blend   My dispensary seems to have it every time I check... good luck couch!

L3-S1 ALIF Feb 2018 and 

L3-S1 PLIF Laminectomy and Fusion March 2018

• Hi All —  I’m surprised with all of the CBD oil usage in this forum when anti-inflammatories can interfere with the fusing process hence why our doctor’s insist on Tylenol instead of Advil. Cannabidiol has known anti-inflammatory properties and limited therapeutic use for pain management; there are better options for us “spine-challenged” folks!

I am four weeks post laminectomy with L5-S1 spinal fusion and already off all opiates, no cane,and no back brace.  X-rays at the 12 week mark at which time all restrictions are anticipated to be lifted.  Can’t wait to get back in the gym for physical therapy. Good luck to everyone. 

• advertisement
  • Hmm. After having a thread on the lower back forum shut down, I found this one. Sounds like CBD is not ready for prime time. 

• Joel1QJJoel1Q Posts: 332
    edited 03/20/2019 - 10:39 PM
    Hey BillOregon
    The mods just refocused the discussion from loback to alternative methods, which CBD Oil is one of many. 
     There are many different threads and I believe many different perspectives both strong and weak for the use of Female CBD oils to augment other non opioid pain relief alternatives to treat chronic pain. I too wish there was one concise source of reliable information. 

I’m one of many who’ve experienced direct positive results due to Medical Cannibis, after relying on massive amounts of opiates to treat what ended up being 100% fusion but failed back syndrome with chronic pain syndrome as my diagnosis of constant numbness needles pins knives machetes butchers knives in my legs and feet. 

I am being treated at a top local university who appears to be on the cutting edge of treatment, unfortunately insurance doesn’t cover mich of any of it.

L3-S1 ALIF Feb 2018 and 

• Joel1QJJoel1Q Posts: 332
    edited 03/20/2019 - 11:15 PM
    Fused guy
    Sorry this is so late, but my pain doctor suggested medical cannibis as an option among other things after 6 months post op and little pain relief. My fusion progress at the time allowed such recommendation. Always follow your medical providers recommendations when being treated for such intricate and major procedures such as spinal surgery.  Glad to hear you are ready for PT.  One thing I’ve learnes in the year plus post op lumbar fusion, go slow, the easiest way to screw things up post surgery.  

L3-S1 ALIF Feb 2018 and 

• advertisement
  • One last comment, I’ve seen posts about how much CBD Oil to take.  My ND recommended for me to do .5ml - 1ml dropper full of the 30:1, twice a day. Then the same of a 1:1 mix at night. That’s not drops that’s dropper half full or full (with most droppers).  I have noticed that some outfits do not have the same size dropper.  So while one might be thinner and a ml is a full dropper, another CBD manufacturer uses thicker droppers, and a ml is only half a dropper. 

I’d also like to comment on how long to keep in your mouth.  The membranes in the mouth are the third best way to ingest any meds (besides injection and inhaling) - I started with only 1-2 minutes but found if I could take the taste, 15 min, 5 min below the tounge then swished to each cheek for 5 min really does the trick. I’m used to the taste and since January when I’ve gotten the regulated tinctures I found the taste is way better than that nasty valerian root  :s

Finally, vaping with one of the vape pens, is not an ok way to go, but like couch has said in other threads we can’t stand the coughing.  I found an expensive but very efficient vaporizer (don’t think like room vaporizer) it’s Mighty. I have chronic bronchitis and have had walking pneumonia twice, and I was coughing up a storm trying to do the vape pens and flower separately. The minute I switched to the expensive but totally worth it mighty vaporizer I have not had a lung problem since...going on 3 months now.  

Everyone’s experience is different, just like it is with traditional meds, but thought I’d share since I’m now almost 3 weeks off opiates thanks in some part to MC. Good luck

L3-S1 ALIF Feb 2018 and 

• Joel

What your posting is valuable information..do you have a brand name for this vaporizer  ? Cause I've got visions of vicks vaporub rolling around in my head. Do you have a link to the unit your talking about ?

• LizLiz Posts: 9,699

Members are not permitted to name brands or give links to products 

Please abide by spine-health rules

5.04 You agree not to submit or post advertisements or commercial solicitations to forums on Spine-health.com.

10.01 No External links may be published until they are approved by the moderator team.

Liz, 

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Arizona, Assuming what you have is actually full spectrum CBD... I'd say try 50mg per day. That would be your 30 drops, or 1-full dropper. I currently take a 1/2 dropper in the morning (25mg) and 1/2 dropper in the evening (another 25mg). It took about 3-4 days of doing this consistently before I felt anything. I get mine in California, from a dispensary, it's legal here for recreational use. Cost is about $100 for the bottle, lasts about 1-month. But, wow, now...unreal.

• Liz I was asking for a link through pms..I'm sorry should have stressed that. Be great to see a picture and maybe a website link

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.