advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

CBD oil

Comments

• Joel1QJJoel1Q Posts: 332
    edited 03/22/2019 - 2:13 PM

I can see that if we’re promoting something as if we’re pumping (pimping?) - marketing a product with links and annoy everyone.   but it seems that brand name  talk happens frequently enough where I’m not sure if I’m stepping over the line or not.  when we talk about what medication experiences we have - Percocet I think is a brand name, or pain pumps/blocks - I hear Mendtronix a lot - it seems it’s kind of a fine but grey line - some do it more than others but I know I don’t mean any harm and I’m sorry if I overstep here... but if a certain vaporizer has been a positive game changer for how one of us augment a horrendously difficult walk without pain meds, it’d be nice to be able to share that info in some way, without violating house rules.  Or from another angle, I see so many posts about inconsistencies with their CBD oil purchases, wouldn’t it be cool if we could post the brand name of the oil (s) that we find beneficial and have helped us get off opiates? I hope this stirs conversation and doesn’t get me in trouble I do love the info from people’s posts on this site. And it’s usually the experience of someone where I learn something every time I visit the site. 

L3-S1 ALIF Feb 2018 and 

L3-S1 PLIF Laminectomy and Fusion March 2018

• Right. I have used 4-different brands of CBD Full Spectrum oil. Two worked well enough, one did not work at all, and the fourth works great. It would be nice if we could at least setup a Doodle Poll or something to share our experiences. Even with the current brand I use, there are inconsistencies in concentrations from batch to batch. Some months it takes less, some more. 

• advertisement
  • Haha

Mendtronix.    

iPhone autocorrect filled in an old work vendor.  Should be Medtronics I think   

I just read back weeks later.  

LOL   :)

L3-S1 ALIF Feb 2018 and 

• I have just decided I’m going to try to get back on the MM ship just to see if I can counter act some side effects from nerve meds and achieve more anti inflammatory benefits as I have many other aches and pains coming through now that I’m 100% off opiates. 

I’m going to try the CBN/CBD and highly concentrated full spectrum CBG, both adjuncts of CBD, and see how it goes.  

L3-S1 ALIF Feb 2018 and 

• I'm trying it at 30 mg a day and bought at where I used to get medical marijuana but it's only CBD oil and no THC so no high just help for pain and inflammation. It makes me a little tired and hungry. It's very expensive though but will try a month worth and see. I hear some people actually get off all pain meds. Well I would love that.

DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • advertisement
  • Joel ..I swear you keep making me jealous..We have nothing like that here..please let us know how it works..

• Joel1QJJoel1Q Posts: 332
    edited 06/12/2019 - 12:30 AM

Teresa haha, I got lucky when I went into the oldest dispensary in my area last week, and was assigned someone who used MM products for years to avoid lumbar fusion.  He gave me some great info. 

I misspoke -  CBD and THC are adjunct of CBG which is the front end of the process. I find a lot of the info on this still is very confusing, but I’m learning.  

Also the CBG oil is more like crude oil tar I used to see on the beach, and comes in a syringe.  Very hard to dispense .02ml, I didn’t realize this when I purchased.  It’s highly concentrated so starting out with a half grain of rice size of tar I just put it under my tongue and then added .25ml of CBN:CBD under my tongue and let it dissolve.  

L3-S1 ALIF Feb 2018 and 

• Does anyone see more of a glare when taking CBD oil? I find it affects my eyesight.

DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • boo9989bboo9989 Posts: 547
    edited 06/13/2019 - 5:00 PM

Like Davidg my state fees are high too. Its 250 to see one of 2 MM doctors in the state that certify and 125 to register with the State. Yes even the state told me a few weeks back the doctors doing the cards are milking people ..what a shame really because most of us are disabled and on limited incomes. I call the state cause my cards is about to expire and was hoping they had a updated list of doctors but they dont.

We also only have 3 dispensary in the state but then again I do live in a small state. One problem I think is taxes..my state does not charge sales tax so the 125 is how they make their money plus anything they get out of fees and licenses they charge the dispensary. 

Now if I drove a.couple blocks and move.to Maryland they charge 50 I think for the card and they have tons of doctors that certify including my pm..but he can not certify me since I live out of state..but see Maryland makes 6% tax on all sale SO I do think that might be 1 cause for all my high fees

I've been tossing back and forth on whether to renew.  My card expires on the 15th..but I couldnt even get a appointment to be recertify till the 15th lol..so I have a appointment on Saturday with someone I've never met who got the golden pen that can make it all happen..I dont even like the stuff but my PM is expecting me to use it so off to pay some unknown doctor a ridiculous fee all so I can continue to struggle to find the perfect mix

I will state this again since I also saw someone else state it in the thread.. I was told multiple times by the dispensary I must atleast use 50:50 or more. That pain require at least 50 % cbd and 50% thc for optimum pain relief. So that in itself should be enough for most people to realize those over the counter cbd oils for most with true pain is a waste of money...OMG! Did I just say that lol  :D but to each his own right Davidg ?

• @DavidG

Yes some state do allow a certain amount to be grown for ones personal use. But Delaware isnt one of them. I think DC allows up to 6 plants plus will except other states cards. But Maryland and Delaware do not reciprocate.  So that is one of my issue and reasons why my PM cant certify me as hes in Maryland. 

I had a nice chat with my PM on the whole subject. He knows I'm not happy with all this but he wants me to use it since wc wont allow him right now to up or change my opioids.  He told me point blank I am one that mandates opioid therapy with all the issues I have so he hoping MM will atleast help some till we can get all my wc mess straighten out..have a hearing July 25th about them stalling the approval for the 2nd opinion. 

We also talked about how crazy it is that DC land of our federal law has some of the most open or lacks law on the use of marijuana it's legal there across the board both for medical and recreational purposes. 

Delaware has basically nothing compared to some of the products say like Joel can get in California. He even get delivery service lol.. I tried the dispensary cbd oil for months I think about 4 or 5 months to be exact and it did nothing for me other then cost 50 a bottle and that lasted about 2 weeks so around 100 a month just for cbd..so add any additional MM products along with it and I was spending 3 hundred a month ..not cheap..I looked into the pill form of thc for night use but omg its 70 for 5 little pills ..that just crazy.

Onething though I did read Marylands workers comp may start covering MM in Oct...again I'm wondering since my wc is in that state but I cant  purchase anything from that state how it will work as far as that.

I also discussed with my PM about how traveling is hard while using MM ..sure I can still use it but not with the safety net I have in Delaware once I cross out of Delaware even to states it's legal in its consider transporting.  My daughter and her family live in Tennessee were it's not legalize so no bringing it there that for sure..funny thing though my son inlaw works for a major insurance company stationed out of Tennessee which cover most of mid and southern states and they cover it and fully pay for it..so it's starting to be covered by some insurance companies. 

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.