advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Pain Management

I have been on Suboxone for 5 years and was getting weaned off.  I was taking 24 mgs, I am now down to 2 mgs.  My Dr has discharged me for reasons I'm confused about.  I had no contract for pain Management.

Now I am stuck with no refills and having a hard time getting appt.  Coming off of the 2 mgs is the worst ever.

I think this medication is the worst to give to anyone because you can't get off of it without being so sick for over a month or longer.

I don't know what to do.  I have had 3 surgery's on my back and have DDD. Arthritis   Lyme disease, fibromyalgia and plate in neck.  I just had surgery on my lower back. They put in a device in. To replace two discs that were gone

HELP!!!!!!!!

advertisement

Comments

• Did the doctor tell you why you were dismissed?  My little brother was on suboxone and said the same thing about coming off the final 2 mg dose. 

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • What reason were you given? You said you are confused about the reason.

My understanding with suboxone is based on my reading, but from what I've read, reducing the dosage to a tiny amount is best when coming off this medication, in the .25 mg range or even lower, .125 before stopping it.

Being on a high dose for so long makes it harder.

You might want to try locating a suboxone doctor, and make sure they understand you want to continue the taper off.

Good luck,

• advertisement
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.