advertisement
advertisement

Osteoarthritis in young 27 year old

I am new to this site and am just looking for some advice from other people dealing with this condition. I have had back pain from a very young age and have gone to the chiropractor off and on for over 5 years now. I recently went to pick up a box and had a sharp pain in my lower back. I was able to get into the chiro that day and that was 2 1/2 weeks ago now. The treatments at the chiropractor do not seem to be doing anything, and now the sharp pain is starting to travel down into my butt and leg. The chiropractor did do an X-Ray and found out that I have Arthritis in my lower back ( There are facet degenerative changes at L4-5 and L5-S1, Facet arthropathy). I am a young 27 year old male that is not over weight and overall pretty healthy, so being told I have arthritis is pretty frustrating and scary to know how it will progress if it is already showing. 

I know a lot of people are against surgery but I am thinking that I want to get some sort of surgery because I do not want to rely on medication, or physical therapy for the rest of my life. I just need some advice on people who have had surgery and if it has helped, and if people think surgery si the best option to try and control it now while I'm at a young age. 

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.