advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

FusionLumbar2stage

Jules1JJules1 Oklahoma City, OklahomaPosts: 96

my Lumbar Fusions are this week, L2 to S1. After the second (going in the front) he said he had not been at the right angle to insert the two uppermost discs. I would need to come back in a couple months for a separate operation to do that. Ever heard of this?

advertisement

Comments

• Jules1 - haven't heard of this but I can understand that happening.  Things are kind of hidden inside you and once they get you open it may be different than what they expected.  Xrays are a great tool but they can't tell the surgeons EVERYTHING.  I wouldn't be alarmed.

10 level fusion T9 - S1 with pelvic fixation. Two titanium rods, 24 screws, 4 cages.

Firm believer in PMA

• Haven't heard of this...I had L1-S1 fused in December, but it was done posteriorly. 

Good luck and keep us posted!

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.