advertisement
advertisement

Turmeric

Hi folks

After a little research im going to give turmeric capsules a whirl for my inflamation and scar tissue.The indian chemist i use says in his country turmeric is in plant form called haldi and is used for a variety of conditions.Oh well here goes at worst it will discolour bodilly waste products :o :o

advertisement

Comments

• I've used it for years now too.  Not sure if it helped or was placebo effect :)  

I was told to go off of it (along with all other anti-inflammatories) two weeks prior to surgery.

Am also off of it during this initial 3 month healing process, when apparently inflammation is necessary to assist with fusion.

• urbmshruurbmshr Posts: 195
    edited 01/06/2020 - 3:57 PM

Turmeric is amazing for reducing inflammation and so many other added benefits. I make the paste every 2 weeks, take about 2 - 3 teaspoons of it per day and I feel great!  Unfortunately the supplements don't really get into your system to provide all the goodness of this beneficial spice.

Edited to remove advice.

• advertisement
  • Ok thanks folks for your comments and advice!

• Tumeric supplements, for me, did nowt.

• urbmshruurbmshr Posts: 195
    edited 01/06/2020 - 3:57 PM

koolpc - not sure if you said turmeric supplements did not work for you but if they didn't that is because turmeric needs a fat to go along with it for absorption.  It is a spice and actually should be taken like a food so that your digestive process gets it into your system.  I am amazed at what this spice does.  Great anti-inflammatory!

Edited to remove advice.

• advertisement
  • urbmshr:

Thanks for the info on Tumeric- I've used it as a supplement (and also the root grated in cooking), but have not tried the paste.

I will check it out!

• I will get some nice fatty meat and make a curry loaded out with turmeric lol and a few beers

• ArizonaAArizona ArizonaPosts: 191

Here's the - or a - golden paste recipe.  Looks simple enough.  Where do you get your turmeric powder?  The pain clinic nurse told me to try turmeric too.  But the pills do nothing.  Can it help my neuropathy?  Ill join the fb turmeric group too

Ingredients:

1/2 cup (125 mls/60gms) turmeric powder.
        1 cup water (250 mls) PLUS 1 cup water in reserve, if needed.
        1/3 cup (70 mls) one of the following oils: Raw (unrefined) Cold Pressed Coconut Oil, Linseed (flaxseed) oil or Virgin/Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
        2-3 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper.

• When choosing Turmeric, make sure you check the curcurmin level in it. Most turmeric will have 2-3% which is average. If you are looking for Turmeric for inflammation, try looking for the ones 5-6%. And please choose organic certified and definitely not from China. Look for Indian or Sri Lankan variety. 

What is Curcurmin? 

Curcumin, a polyphenol, has been shown to target multiple signaling molecules while also demonstrating activity at the cellular level, which has helped to support its multiple health benefits. It has been shown to benefit inflammatory conditions, metabolic syndrome, pain, and to help in the management of inflammatory and degenerative eye conditions. In addition, it has been shown to benefit the kidneys. While there appear to be countless therapeutic benefits to curcumin supplementation, most of these benefits are due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.