advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Great!

I had a TLIF with graft from hip on Nov 16, 2018. I had pain & numbness but I kept doing what the Dr said. WALK WALK WALK! It’s paid off. Today I’m pain free! I have tiny flare ups if I over do it, which I’m working hard not to do.  I left town the first of Jan to get to the sunshine for a few months, so missed my 2nd X-ray. Looking forward to that in April. 

My message is to walk and then walk some more. I started out at 2 miles a day on day 5. I keep adding step & bike riding now too. It’s the key to strengthening your back. 

Good luck everyone! Gail

advertisement

Comments

• That's so good to hear Gail

Thanks so much for sharing this to help others in their recovery and for hope.  Some days it is difficult to feel things will be better at times, as I am sure a lot of members can relate to.

Take care and enjoy that 'Pain free'.  Looking forward to that.

Take care

AJ

AJGormit

---------------------------------------------------------------

L5/S1 herniation Apr 2013
    nerve root injections Oct 2013
    L5/S1 discectomy Jan 2014
    L5/S1 nerve roo &, facet joint injections & edpidural Jan 2015
    L5/S1 revised discectomy, L4/L5 discectomy & Wallis Inswing Stabilisation L4/L5 May 1st 2015
    L4-S1 TLIF with decompression June 2017
Sign In or Join Us to comment.