advertisement
advertisement

Nucynta

I'm fixing to start taking Nucynta 50mg. I never heard of it. Can someone please tell me about it? What are the side affects? How well does it work? I would really appreciate any input on it. Thank you,  AMC128

advertisement

Comments

• peanut006peanut006 MichiganPosts: 81

I was on it very briefly many years back so i don't have a lot of info I can give you. Nucynta is basically an extended release version of tramadol, so if you've ever taken that, you know what you're getting into... lol.  For me personally, neither nucynta or the instant release tramadol, worked at all. But i know many members of this and other forums that do take it with good results. I typically find that if you're medication naive (have not taken any traditional opioids such as hydrocodone, oxycodone, etc.) it may work well. If you've been on heavier pain killers in the past, nucynta and tramadol don't often work very well. But again, this is just my personal experience. Make sure you do research and look at drug interactions and such because it can have negative reactions with certain other medications, so you want to be aware of those. 

I wish you the best of luck! Let us know how it works for you!!

• L4_L5LL4_L5 Posts: 1,227
    edited 03/23/2018 - 1:02 PM

Tramadol is like a baby Nucynta.

Nucynta is Schedule 2

Tramadol is Schedule 4

Both Nucynta and Tramadol are available in instant and extended release.

No generic is available for Nucynta currently. Therefore it tends to be VERY expensive and most insurances won’t cover it without a PA and even then they may balk and deny the PA and recommend a similar (but cheaper) medication.

• advertisement
  • Hi amc128
    I took it briefly but had some side effects. The thing is you can type it in the upper right hand corner the search box and get lots of information plus members experience. Just an idea and I hope you find what you are looking for it has been a real useful tool for me.
    Best of luck Sherri

• Nucynta is the only pain killer that has helped me.  I have had 4 back surgeries and am allergic to a ton of pain meds too.  Nucynta is very helpful 

• I used it 8 years ago, 1 pill.... I was almost blinded by it, could only see light and shapes, 2 days in hospital after. It didn't work for me

• advertisement
  • I was on Nycenta for a month. It made me vomit without warning. I can take pretty much any opoid the doctors put me on. But this stuff made me sick, and I had to give it back and have the doc destroy them. Not to mention they are very expensive, even with insurance as they don't come in generic form. I did not have a good experience with Nycenta at all.

Chris

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.