advertisement
advertisement

Spinal Epidural Lipomatosis

Im 29 years old and i work in a factory.. My spine was hurting so much, when i bend over ever 3 seconds to pack my parts, i had to ask to be moved to a different area. Knowing my spine hurts when i do certain jobs. They kept putting me on the same thing.. 12 hours straight.. For the while weekend.. So i had to take 2 months of leave fron work to figure out what was going on with my spine because even little old ladies could do the same job that i couldnt do.  It was unbearable.  So i get an MRI and Xray the dr says thats nothing on the xray... And then says i might have a bone spur on my tailbone but my pain is in between my shoulders and feels like someone is stabbing me with a hot ice pick and the skin where it hyrts goes numb.  So then i get the MRI.. They say nothing is wrong.. I look at the bottom of the papers.. It says in very fine print "mild spinal epidural lipomatosis" i ask well then whats this!?!? They said oh thats nothing to worry about.  And they sent me on my way.  I got home and did some research and what do you know? This is the devil... But they wouldnt do anything about it when i actually had insurance so i had to put my two weeks in because even with the papers saying i have a spine disease.  They kept putting me on the hard positions at work! It was like a sick game to them! Needless to say.. My dumbass is back at the same place of work.. Doing the same thing again.. Trying to stick it out and work through the pain... Idk what to do.. I ask them to kove me when it gets too bad.. But they move me to the same places where it hurts really bad... I dont have insurance and idk what to do. Sometimes i just think about walking out of the place and blowing my head off cuz it hurts so bad.. But i cant do that, i have to slave for the rest of my life so my family is taken care of lbs... Im so miserable.. 

advertisement

Comments

• Hi DarkWing,  sorry to hear you are struggling with the pain.  I've had the surgery for SEL in December 2015 at a top teaching hospital -not near where I live (Boston).   A couple of questions if you don't mind. Have you had long term steroids? Are you overweight?  Have you had steroid injections in your back before?  Have you seen a physical therapist?  If this started as a work injury you should file workers comp. 

I know you said you don't have insurance. Can you get a plan from ACA?  I work for a catholic hospital. Most do offer financial assistance for people that can't afford care.  At least if you could get to a physical therapist to help   You are WAY to young for this. 

• I have not had long term steroid use and i weigh 240 and im 6 foot 1in.. But my backs been hurting ever since i was about 12.. Ive always been skinny (this is the biggest ive ever been) i havent had pain in my arms or legs yet.. Sometimes my shoulder hurts.. And my knees give out every once in a while.. Idk if that has anything to do with it.. But right where it hurts.. The skin is numbed. Like i can scratch really hard right there and then go down lower and scratch just as hard and it actually hurts the part thats not numb... Its numb and it itches and burns.. Expecially when im bending over every 3 seconds at work.. What is ACA?

• advertisement
  • Oh affordable care act.  I dont think i can because I work for a temp company and they offer some crappy insurance lol

• DarkWingDuck - ACA is the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)

• Im looking into my crappy work insurance and hopefully i get a good doctor.. I doubt i get any pain medicine because they are being nazis about opioids around here. I went to medical emergency center before i got my MRI and found out what i had.. He gave me steroids and muscle relaxers and mobic.. None which helped.. (He literally touched my spine with his magiv fingers and knew exactly what was wrong with me after 2 seconds of me being in his office.. He thought it was microscopic tears in my muscles around my spine lmao) then i find out that steroids make it worse.. The only thing thats touched my pain is opiods when i got my tooth extracted.. And it regulated my bowels as well because i havent had a normal bowel movement in YEARS.. Im guessing thats from the SEL as well.. But hey.. Wish me luck and ill keep posted.. They will probably just give me some shots that will make it worse.. And oh yeah. Ive been to physical therapy.. The guy there said that physical therapy probabaly isnt going to make it any better.. This was when no one knew what was wrong. But im still convinced it wont make it better.. I dont think anything will besides those darn little pills :(

• advertisement
  • And ive never had steriod injections in my spine

• Also i forgot to mention.. This is something no one can figure out... I get this thing i call back freeze or spine freeze.. Its like brain freeze but in my spine where the pain and numbness is.. When i drink something cold it feels like a my spine is frozen.. Its really intense.. And sometimes when i drink alcohol it gets worse.. Not even drinking myself into a stupor would work the pain away.. Marijuana seems to work pretty well when that happens tho.. (I go to California so its legal)

• So i got a new dr... they diagnosed me with bone spurs in my spine.. so hopefully we can get it taken care of..

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.