advertisement

In this Discussion

advertisement

Cage seems to have migrated.

Hello, I wondering if any one has any experience with this issue? I had a L5 S1 PLIF fusion in 2010. Since then, my back pain has been worse. I have experienced pain on the right side, since day one. Although, there were no screws placed on my right due to the bone being to hard from a past fracture. 3 years later, the screw and rods were removed. Pain continued and got worse. I now have numbness in my toes, and my back is a constant knot. Also, I can not stand or walk more then 15 to 20 minutes, due to the burning back pain, it causes.

Just went back to the spine doctor because everyone kept saying to exercise and loose weight. I have gained weight due to very limited motion. Now, the new doctor says the cage is pushing into my bone canal, AKA my spinal canal on the right. On the left it is compressing my nerves. Here's the issue, I may need a more serious surgery then the fusion. If... They can even remove it as, it is fused to my spine. I have my MRI, CT, and another round of new Xrays scheduled.

advertisement

Comments

• AJGormitAAJGormit Posts: 2,087
    edited 07/23/2019 - 1:08 PM

hi datiecjg78

Welcome to Veritas Health Forum

so sorry to hear about these painful symptoms.

it must be a relief to discover what is actually causing pain and symptoms.

we like to offer members support in a number of ways and one of those is the surgery buddies groups under forum topics.  just add a comment in the month you are having surgery, when you know this information.

i am not aware of any current posts about this but you can search for older posts in the search box at the top of the page.  just scroll down to spine-health items and i hope you find information that is helpful to you.

i have added two links below to help new members with information and these also contain the forum rules.  there is lots of material to research on spine-health that will give you the power of knowledge.

welcome to spine health

all new members should take the system tutorial 
    aj 

Sign In or Join Us to comment.