advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Experiences with thoracic cyst removal?

**Not seeking diagnosis from the forum**

Hello all,

I suspect I have a thoracic cyst (benign) a bit to the left of my spine from about T-4 to T-7. This comes from being in back pain for about two months. PT failed. Unfortunately, I've been put in the "struggle to even get an MRI," despite paresthesia symptoms from the back of my head, my lip, to my chest (right behind nipple) to my abdomen, and to my leg and foot. My doctor is firmly in the, "You're young and in great shape, so nothing can be going on," camp. The problem has been the nerve irritation. It's not "constant" as in all day, but happens randomly throughout the day.

I'm finally seeing the doctor next Wednesday about ordering the MRI.

For those of you who have had a cyst identified, what was your surgery recommendation? If you went through a removal, how long was the recovery? Was it successful?

Thanks!

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,443

jab1023
    I really don't think I would be putting myself through this until you have diagnostic testing done. We can sit here and "if" it to death all day. It definitely could be several things. Until you are certain, no answer you get will ease your mind. 
    Let us know what the MRI says.

• I’m scheduled for surgery in a few weeks to remove part of my arachnoid cyst from T3-T8. It’s too large to remove the whole thing so they are only doing 3 levels. Let me know if you have questions!

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.