My situation is interesting and I'd like some input, as my doctor has been useless...
Male: 31 years old.
Hyperhidrosis Start: 1 year ago.
Location: buttocks/low back and sometimes generalized all over.
Triggers: Heat, Activity, Stress.
Tests: Thyroid and urine test for pituitary tumour. All negative along with general blood tests that were fine.
- 7 years ago: injured my neck in a car accident and have bulged discs and arthritis and have constant pain.
- 5 years ago: work injury and blew out lumbar discs L3/L4, L4/L5 and L5/S1 and have significant degenerative disc disease and have constant pain. No surgery yet.
- 1 year ago: car accident and injured my thoracic spine (T7), which is still causing issues and I am awaiting a MRI. Car accident aggravated my lumbar back injury as well.
- Almost instantly after the car accident and injuries I began noticing excessive sweating on the buttock area, which has never happened before.
- This progressed into heat sensitivity and generalized sweating all over in hot weather or with activity, along with random hot flashes causing extreme sweating. Buttock sweating will occur with any activity, heat or stress.
- At the same time I began having tingling sensations in the groin and buttock area.
- Does not know what to say, has never heard of the issue and does not think it is associated with the back injuries.
- Claims it is related to stress and/or anxiety but has been unable to provide any suggestions.
- Waiting for a referral to a neurosurgeon for a consultation.
- Since these symptoms started RIGHT after the car accident and aggravation of injuries, I think it is too coincidental to think they are unrelated.
- Has anyone ever had something like this happen after an injury and could this be associated in any way???