advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

SImmetry fusion surgery

My dr is suggesting SImmetry fusion of my si joints. My question is can they do both at the same time or am I going to have to have 2 surgeries? I can't believe it took 18 years for a dr to actually believe me that its my si joints. I've seen so many that do and mri and say there's nothing wrong with my back but yet standing more than 20 mins and I'm hitting like crazy.

advertisement

Comments

• My suggestion - do not have both done at the same time! You need to use a walker for about a month after the surgery with "toe taps" and no weight bearing. It would be very difficult to have both done simultaneously. Plus, it's very difficult to get out of bed even with just one side fused. Are you using iFuse? It's minimally invasive but the recovery (for me) has been very difficult. I'm 11 months out and still in a lot of pain from it (I'm 53). In 23 years, countless X-rays, MRIs, CT scans have not shown the SI joint syndrome as a reason for my pain. Took me a while to realize negatives on these tests are good things because no one was believing me about how bad the pain was. Finally, like you, found a great doctor. Take care of yourself!

RJ

Sign In or Join Us to comment.