advertisement
advertisement

Buprenorphine transdermal patches going abroad

Hi.  I  have tried contacting embassies and going on gov.uk sites, my GP and holiday provider but so far I can not find a definitive answer.

Do I have to have a personal licence or certificate to take Buprenorphine patches 15mcg weekly patch ,  abroad through Portugal and Gibraltar?

I  have confirmed it  for UK and Spain I don't as it is under 3 months supply and holiday only 9 days in total.  A 9 day ruise flying from UK to Spain then cruise through Portugal Gibraltar and Spain.

Had any one else been in this situation as patches contain a controlled narcotic opioid substance?

Kate

advertisement

Comments

• Been using the patches for about seven years, has traveled within the U.S. several times and the UK twice, Germany many times, Greece, and Italy.  Personally I have never had a problem with the patches while traveling.

Bup is legal when prescribed in most civilized
    countries.  I think there are some
    countries that don’t allow the drug into the country under any circumstances
    but I don’t know them off the top of my head, I believe Russia may be one of
    them though.

Honestly, just look up legality of the med in
    Spain on google and you will find your answer I’m sure (WIKIPEDIA is a good place to start).  Also, Portugal has really lax drug use laws in general so I would be surprised if you have trouble.

Sign In or Join Us to comment.