advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Additional Titanium plate

I have a titanium plate c5 thru c7. I will have additional fusion surgery for c3 thru c5. Surgeon said he may not be able to remove existing plate and install one plate from C3 thru c7. My question is if second plate installed for c3 thru 5 will it connect to existing plate or remain separated. And if so will this cause problems.

advertisement

Comments

• nutcase007nnutcase007 United StatesPosts: 953
    tonymustcomply - To get an answer to your plating question, you really need to talk to your surgeon.  I had to have surgery to fuse C4/C5, but I already had plating on C3/C4.  My surgeon used an implant device at C4/C5 that did not require plating.  The implant contained its on screws. 

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,482

hello tonymustcomply
    welcome to spine-health

as nutcase007 stated, those are questions only your doctor should answer. he is the only one that will know what will go where. make some notes of questions for your surgeon for the next time you see him.

please click on the welcome link below and tutorial for information on the forum.
    welcome to spine health

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical Story  
  • advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.