advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. On June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums moved to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Weather

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,989

I am not sure how many of you are aware, but on May 15th, the New Fairfield, Brookfield, New Milford area got hit with a tornado, a macro-buster that reached over 110mph and had a path of about 3.5 miles

I was home at the time and was able to see part of the funnel coming towards us.  Very scary.   The day became night, rained so hard and then it sounded like a freight train was just passing through.  A couple of minutes later, it was clear again, but I could see the destruction.  A 125' pine tree in front of my house feel, luckily away from my house.  It ripped the electrical box and cable box and wires from the side of my house and dropped them into the street.

We had about 12 pine trees between my neighbor and myself, those trees were twisted and bent and fell over to their side.

Almost every other tree was down in our community. 

No Power, only 3 days of emergency water,  No internet , we almost felt isolated.   We couldn't drive around because of all the down wires and trees, but we walked to neighbors houses.  We finally got power restored on 5/23 and Internet on 5/25.   Luckily the back up system for our community water system had just run dry, but the power came back to refill everything

All and all tons of damage, all the towns mentioned were declared disaster areas.  But all in all, it could have been worse, 4 people were killed, in what could have been a much higher number.

I have to give so much thanks to the power company.  We had trucks in from Ohio, South Carolina, Vermont all helping getting things restored.  These guys worked 24/7 with emergency power lights to get things back into order.  Its times like this you realize what kind of thank less jobs that service and utility company's have to do.

Well, I am back and should be posting as normal again

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
advertisement

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,989

Up until 10 years ago, I can not remember any tornado in the Northeast Coast.  Always felt that the Midwest was the tornado capital.

It seems that there has been a shift/change in overall weather.

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.