advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

decreased sensation after surgery

I had L5-S1 microdiskectomy last February, after 2 months of excruciating pain. The pain was immediately gone after this surgery. The decreased sensation on the lateral aspect of  the left leg, under the toes and on the left glutteus, and towards the private area but not inside the privates however, has stayed. Am I ever going to regain this sensation? I am fully functional, and have no other issues, but the feeling of numbness is annoying. thank you

advertisement

Comments

• Hi Tatiana - I'm just coming across your post after posting my own update here. I have had two L5-S1 microdiscectomy surgeries, the first in 2010 and another in 2017. Also had immediate pain relief but am left with numbess/loss of sensation in the backs of my thighs, bottom of buttocks and most horribly - my entire private area. If you are suffering from the same, I would love to chat. It's so frustrating! Thank you - all the best in your recovery. 

Sign In or Join Us to comment.