advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. On June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums moved to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

HELP! Lower Back Pain Conundrum

My name is Rory. I am 27 years old. I hurt my back in May 2016. I belive i slipped a disc. I had pain shooting down my legs and they were weak. So i stayed in bed for 2 months. Then went back to work with pain still in my legs. I then started up physical therapy  in October 2016. They taught me streachs. By Dec I had no pain in back and legs were in great shape. No pain, no weakness. Then come Jan 2017 I pushed a cart through snow. And flared up my Sciatica. It went away except I had some numbness in my right foot. I went to doc. He sent me to a Spine Doc. Who then sent me to a chiropractor.(April 2018) So this is where my real struggle has started. She tryed manipulation on my lower back to try to fix my sciatica problem. Went a few times but it strained my lower back. I kept doing things to make it worse. Walking to far when back was strained, not giving my back rest when needed. So I stopped seeing her. And I keep reinjureing it worse and worse. About 3 weeks ago, i got out of bed wrong and I felt I slipped my disc again. I went to urgent care, doc told me she did not belive it was a slipped disc. I then went to my Primary Doc he told me it was just my muscles or tendions are torn. I have had 2 mri. One in Jan 2018 after pushing Cart. No slipped discs, some bulging. I had my 2nd in May 2018. Nothing, I even spent whole day researching MRI myself. It looked really good. About a week after 2nd MRI is when i got out of bed wrong. So i am on workers comp. I can't go to doc and ask for another MRI. They will def deny it. I went for a Walk on June 6, 2018. I went through the worst back pain in my life for a week straight. I was on maxed out ibrophine and muscle relaxers and still in excruciating pain. The next week i was Bed Bound. I could not walk, pain was residing. Then last week I was finally able to get up walk around, but not for to long, servere weakness in legs. So I woke up a few days ago. And was feeling very good. So I decided to go outside which I had not been able to for weeks. I walked down my driveway and back. Felt i had enough energy to keep going. So i walked around car a few times. Now when I got into bed, I felt really weak and tired. I woke up next day. Really bad pain in lower back. Especially in my middle where i had felt like I slipped it year before. So I feeling really down and out right now. I am developing anxiety due to having to stay in bed all day. I just don't know what to do anymore. I can't even walk outside for 5 mins without reinjuring myself. All i want is to start moving, streaching, anything to help. But my back won't even let me! I am a Positive Person. But this is breaking me, mentally and physically. I need HELP. Please any words or advice. Thank You so much for reading.

advertisement

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Has a neurosurgeon or neurologist reviewed your MRI or just the radiologist, PCP and worker’s comp doctor? 

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.