advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. On June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums moved to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Increased back pain after second lumbar microdiscectomy

I am fixing to turn 36 yrs. old. I just had my second lumbar microdiscectomy on June 7. The first one was in 2013. The 2 MRI's I've had show congenital problems. This recent surgery was to fix the large disc herniation of the L5/S1 nerve root. My L4/L5 has a protrusion and the L3/L4 was the first one fixed. It is showing mild facet joint arthrosis. I have several things going on. My question is does anyone else have any experience with having worsened low back pain after surgery? The first 2 weeks were good and I was improving other than regular soreness from surgery. The sciatic leg and foot pain was gone immediately after surgery. On week #3 after surgery, I begin to have worsened low back pain and upper buttock pain again. I had to start using the walker around the house and to get out of bed is excruciating. My follow up is in 5 days from now so I hope they figure out what it is and that it's not permanent. Does anyone have a similar situation to where it subsided and got better? I'm so afraid that this will be my daily life from now on. I didn't have this happen with the first surgery. I'm confused and disappointed. I haven't done anything that I shouldn't and I haven't overdone it so to say. I originally thought it was from my menstrual cycle but that's over now and the pain is still here. Any advice or experiences is appreciated.

advertisement

Comments

Sign In or Join Us to comment.