advertisement
advertisement

Pain Pump Medication

Hello,

My pain doc will be using dilauded in my pump starting out. I have a pretty high tolorance to opiates and curious to see if anyone recently switched from oral to pain pump usimg dilauded in their pump. Is there any medication for the pump that works better or worse than others? 

advertisement

Comments

• Had my pump removed years ago as I kept breaking catheters but Dilaudid worked best for me. First we tried Morphine then Fentanyl but Dilaudid was like a miracle drug. Keep in mind that everyone is different so go in with an open mind, keep a well documented diary and all should be good.  Best of luck.  One thing I will say is do not let them use Prialt until you can honestly say you have been told about any/all possible reactions..

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,386

I have morphine in mine which is what the trial was used. And yes, everyone is different, so what works for me might not work for you. But if I ever got to the point of the morphine not helping, I would switch to dilaudid.

• advertisement
  • So what's up with the prialt? My pcp is talking about using prialt in my pain pump soon since dilauded isn't helping much. Either prialt or fentanyl, which would be better?

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,386

ThunderDuck

My PM doctor as well as my neurosurgeon will not use Prialt so I am no help with your question.
    Hopefully other members will reply.

• When Prialt was first developed and was in trials, my doc was one of the research docs. A friend had it put in his pump and he almost became psychotic! He had a horrible experience so that is why I say NO WAY. Most US docs from what I understand won't use it. It is also very expensive

• advertisement
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.