advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Restlessness in lower back?

Hi, I'm new to this site and I've never chatted in a forum before so I hope this goes well. I am a 34 year old female,  I've had three children, not currently employed due to health issues. It all fell apart in 2013 when I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis.  Since then it's been one thing or another. Summarized as; psoriatic arthritis,  fibromyalgia,  muscle tension headaches, myoclonus, and possible problem with the sacro-illiac joint.  The current issue thats plaguing me is this restlessness in my lower back. Luckily my kids have been helpful by using their feet and digging into my back like in a kneading motion as a cat would. This buys me time until pharmaceuticals kick in.(tizanadine and/or hydrocodone).    It's particularly worse at night but definitely not isolated to nighttime. My upper back is rittled with various sized knots likely from overcompensating. Those last a couple weeks, or until I can get trigger point injections. I wouldn't wish these problems on anyone, but I am looking to see if anyone else has experienced or is experiencing the restlessness in the lower back too. I would really like to know what's causing it, and what works to deal with it. Please let me know. Well wishes :) 

advertisement

Comments

• So I happened to have an appointment with my rheumatologist today and brought it up as he is great about hearing me out and willing to try to find the source. He was familiar with my description and said that there essentially something like RLS  (restless leg syndrome ) but in the lower back. I will start a medication called Requip soon. He said that Requip is prescribed for RLS and Parkinson's patients. It sounds promising as my sensations are the same as RLS just in another area of the body. Thanks for the input.  

• I suffered the same thing but from my hips up, mostly upper back and arms, was sending me mad. I had it Day time but mostly late afternoon onwards, it was horrible , worse that the pain itself. The only way I could describe it was like ressless leg syndrome. As I did have that while pregnant 30 years ago. I was Suffering this for two years till I seen my osteopath, haven’t suffered it since. What a blessing. @Mrs_Monkey_83 . Hopefully you can find a way to end it soon.

• advertisement
  • I'm not sure if its the same as what you are speaking about, but every morning I wake up my lower back muscles start to spasm.  It goes for about 2-3 minutes of constant twitching, albeit not painful.  It just feels weird.

• @EMS Guy if what @Mrs_Monkey_83 is talking about the restless crap what I was going through is the same, ( I can remember it like is had just happened) no it’s nothing to do with muscles spasms ect, it’s kind of a achey nagging pain, you can’t stay still , hard to discribe, even thought your normal body is in its pain, you got to move , keep moving , I was thrashing my arms , tossing and turning , changing positions, nothing helps, I can honestly say it drives you nuts. You have to get up get moving, as soon as your still this restless crap starts. As soon as your up in the morning I was fine but would have set of a whole new flare up because of the tossing and turning. Would wish it on anyone. 

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.