advertisement
advertisement

Pain pump with neuropathy

I have had neurapathy for a number of years. I have tried the spinal chord stimulator but it did not work. So I have been stuck with pain medication and of course my tolerance has just been building and mean while my quality of life has decreased in a big way.

I'm now with a new pain mgmt doctor and he is suggesting the pain pump as an option. For diabetic neurapathy is this a good option? Has anyone had poor results with the pump? Please give me your input. I just want so badly to be able to work again as well as have the ability to enjoy the things that I once enjoyed doing.as at this point over the last 4 years I can look back on my life in 3 month incrimates over these last be 4 years I can see how my life has gotten worse. I can't even go for a walk anymore even while taking the highest dose of oxycodone/Oxycontin. Please help me....I'm just desperate

advertisement

Comments

• MikethepikeMMikethepike MIchiganPosts: 382

What doses of OxyContin and oxycodone are you on?

• I'm on oxy 325/10mg pain Dr. Does not want me to be on both it's one or the other with how things are with society and taking 1 pill as prescribed just does not relieve much of my pain to even give me enough relief to even get out of bed

• advertisement
  • MikethepikeMMikethepike MIchiganPosts: 382

Sorry to hear that, I broke my neck at sea two I should be a quadriplegic  but I can still walk and get around but I have a lot of pain. I take Norco and oxycodone. I have a spinal cord injury. Can I ask what injury do you have?

• I find it very strange that a pain management doctor is only prescribing you one Norco daily but, at the same time, believes your pain is significant enough to warrant a pain pump. 

Something seems very off about that. 

• I take Oxycodone-10 not Norco. They barely touch my pain though.....I have diabetic neurapathy after my diabetes went untreated for 10years so now I'm paying the price

• advertisement
  • Regardless my stance remains the same. I’ve never heard of a person being prescribed one IR med one time a day being recommended for a pain pump.

• I don't take it once a day. I take the oxy 3x a day

• I have had pain pump several years for DDD and RA but is not effective for small fiber neuropathy of both feet. Had SCS trial with 90% neuropathy relief but permanent implant on 8/20/18 giving NO relief. Think programming is not correct. Having hard time getting it adjusted. Do not understand why it can’t be set like trial. No help from SCS company support. Will try pain dr next to see if he can intervene. Be sure u understand a company tech rep will be programming your SCS - NOT a medical professional ie not your pain doc

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.